Thursday 21 October 2010

The Zooo With Camille and Caryn

So I ahve so many pictures of the zoo with Camille and Caryn that I probably have more from then, then the rest of the trip here! but it was so muc  fun so I will do the whole trip on the next one. So this is me and my sisters on our way in the zoo! Its really us as some different parts of it but I thought it would be a good place to start.
Now I have been to the zoo about three or four times but this is the very first time I got to see the sea lions out of the water, normally the only photo I get of them is their nostrils just sticking out of the water but...
that day they were being fed and doing some little tricks! So that was awesome to see, we did miss the safari truck up the hill so we just decided to walk up the hill from there.
Along the way we saw these birdies,

And after that I was very very excited to see the new sun bears that had replaced the polar bear Mercedes who was moved further north so she could have a much larger sized area for herself, but since sun bears are the smallest bears in the world it looked a lot larger of an area for them
They also have the largest tounges of bears because they use it look for honey and all sorts....
The big cats were amazing as usual,most were hiding from a good photo but the leopard was havin a nice stroll right infront of us
and after many attempts at getting a good photo of him I succeded! He was very very cool.
the tigers were both taking a nap so we didn't bother him too much. And we wnt on all over the hills and saw the zebras Which are very close to my favorite animals, but were too far away for me to get a good picture of them perhaps next time.
The rhino was also uncooperative even though he was walking around so much but I managed to crop a pretty cool photo of him also going over to see the pygmy hippo which was Caryn's  favorite in Austrailia, so we were happy to see them go for a stroll, earlier they were jsut sunning themselves under their heat lamps.
And soo it was time for the penguin parade, so everyday at around 2:15 the zookeepers open the penguin arean and let a bunch of the penguins out for a stroll if they want to. That day the Gentu penguins decided to go for a stroll... 
They also have an awesome under water view of the penguins, and I am pretty sure Camille, Caryn, and I were more excited than all the little kids there put together.


 



That was a lot of what we had seen not all of it but this could be a mile long if I were to put every picture we took, but as you can see good fun C:

No comments:

Post a Comment