Sunday 31 October 2010

Galashiels and Painting

So my friend Kaya has a shop in Galashiels called 119 Tattoo, and since we used to work together every now and then I come over so we can draw and have a chat, its nice for me cause I draw a lot more if she is tatttoing loads and if she isn't tattooin too much, she helps me with my drawings. Which I think is a pretty good deal!
I have a pretty crap time drawing hands sometimes so it was nice to have kaya helping me because she showed me a whole new way to look at it, and I think I am getting better!
Kaya did help me with a few but I think they all look much more graceful and feminine than all the other hands I have ever drawn combined.

I also painted a post card for my friend in Canada's birthday I drew it and painted it all in one wee night I was very proud of myself. I hope she likes it I am sure it is safe on here so she doesn't see it before she gets it, I don't think she has seen this blog just yet C:


3 comments:

  1. haaaaaaaaaaands! lucky you - you have an instructor over there hehe^^ i had to figure them out all on my own and still kinda suck ^^
    love the cupcake! but who doesnt love cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She said make the fingers more pointy, then smoothe them out afterward. Also use your own hand for reference, and take pictures of your hands if you don't want to hold your hand in all sorts of directions. It really helped me cause all my other hands were like fat old man hands haha I used to draw every crease and line on them ahha. Still working on them though.
    Cupcakes are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and draw the palm shape first C:

    ReplyDelete