Monday 25 November 2013

Edinburgh Light Night

It the Christmas Light Night ceremony this weekend and I got to go. Hayley and I went to the Stand comedy club again for a free lunch time show of basically Whose Line is it Anyway first, and then had a wee coffee, and then joined the festivities. I maybe should have taken some pictures of George Street, because they had about 8 stages, where different groups and schools were putting on performances each, and I don't think I have ever seen anywhere that full of people, except for maybe a concert. So that was really nice to wander down the street watching bits and bobs from different people until the main stage was ready.

They sang some Christmas songs and then the countdown was on for the lights coming on, and fireworks too. It was really nice and you did feel full of the Christmas Spirit afterward. We also walked up to the Christmas tree to take photo of that with the Winter Village in the background. I do need to work on my timing for the Fireworks, I got way more of smoke than of the actual fire!














No comments:

Post a Comment