Wednesday 19 August 2015

The Folly


And so we decided to drive up to the tower, in retrospect everything in Oban seems further than it is and we probably could have walked but then my foot is still dodgy (more on that another time), I wish I took photos of the tiny roads, but I was in charge of navigation, and that was a full time job! But we made it up to the top of Battery Hill to see McCaig's Tower and the stucture itself was really cool though McCaig did have quite lofty intentions of a museum and gallery to be included, when he died the shell was all that had been built, thus leaving this impressive folly. Thought it was now starting to be the evening, the sun was still shining and lit up the bay beautifully so we could see all the was over the Isle of Mull and beyond.

And so to finish off the night I surprisingly found a vegan resartaunt in the seafood capital that is Oban, and Dixon agreed to go to it with me. So we had amazing Japanese food from Itadakizen, which was delicious!













No comments:

Post a Comment