Wednesday 5 August 2015

Cathlyn and Stephen Visit


We have had a pretty blustery summer this year. I mean in Edinburgh you can almost count on there being a little bit of rain each day, but, usually by now we have had some proper good weather. And normally when I have people visiting it is good weather. At least it wasn't terrible for the day we decided to climb Arthur's Seat, and even though the wind was super strong, it probably kept me from sweating bucketloads. So by this point Cathlyn and Stephen had been in Edinburgh for about a week and a half. And with the weather looking a little bit up what better time to climb the hill (Mountain).

I haven't climbed this guy for about five years, I know I have gone part ways up for Bonfire Night a few years ago but have ony properly gone up to the summit once, and that was with my dad just before Dixon and I got married. I believe I am in better shape this time for the climb though we did take it a bit easier and avoided almost all of the goat paths. It was a beautiful climb, and Edinburgh looked gorgeous up there with wildflowers and wild life to spot. We saw a small bird of prey hunting up there and managed to get a few shots of it while it was stationary in the air looking for prey. I think it was a Kestral but I could be wrong, google didn't help too much when I was looking for birds of prey within Edinburgh. 

Climbing Arthurs Seat might need to be on my to do list more often than once every 5 years, but it was great to do it again, so without further ado, the pictures.

 
 





 








We also went to the zoo, so I should have some pictures of that soon too, I took some on film as well but we will have to see when we are going to get those developed, I forgot to put my SD card in my digital so the next post will probably be iPhone pictures, so hopefully I got a few good ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment