Wednesday 3 November 2010

Off on a Walk Today

I have been asking Dixon for about a week now to go for a walk but everytime we get out of bed and ready and fed and everything it starts raining buckets down on us and we end up curling up to scary movies and comedy panel shows instead. It was so cold yesterday, that we had to bundle up soooo much just to get to the shops and buy some pasta! It was only two minutes away! And we were soaked! I fortunately wore two pairs of socks so my feet were toasty, but Dixon's didn't fare so well.

But onto today! It finally stayed dry and after two rounds off washing clothes and hanging them out we were off! since we always go down to the shore we decided to go up Clemiston Hill today and its a gorgeous wooded area; (Also my camera decided to die after taking two pictures, but I rememebr that my phone takes pretty good pictures if you aren't zoomed in so here they are)



Check out the quality on them!
Dixon told me ages ago about these bomb shelters from the war that were meant to be for the Queen apparently, if Scotland ever got bombed while she was stayin here! They go miles underground and are covered in grafitti and I forgot completely about them, but apparent;y they are just a short walk away from our house, I thought they were ages away, now we didn't ahve any lanterns or nothin to go into the shelters and since there are holes and all that business to fall into we stayed safely above ground. I did have a good look around though;
 







 I think it all looked pretty awesome from up there! We decided ( once dixon testd the safeness of the roof) That we would have a wee sammich (or sandwich if you don't speak Courtenay, which apparentely Dixon does not) up there before heading back around and home;

 I may or may not have been hungry still and tried to munch his face! He's not really that amused is he.
All in all though it turned out to be a great day! I do still need to work out how to make a nice layout or at least find one temporarily, but I am very picky.
Back to procrastinating about my drawing C:

No comments:

Post a Comment