Tuesday 15 May 2012

Edvard Munch Exhibit

The National Gallery of Modern Art is showing an personal collection of Edvard Munch of over 50 lithographs and wood cuts, including a rare lithograph of the infamous, "The Scream". Needless to say I was pretty excited to go to it, I have wanted to go to the Museum of Modern Art mostly because I have been to most of the major galleries in Edinburgh except this one, but previuos to this I didn't really have the inclanation to go. With the added draw of Edvard Munch I mostly mentioned it in every conversation with Caryn so I think she got the hint that I wanted to go, though I am pretty sure I can safely say she enjoyed it as well!

The National Gallery of Modern Art

 The Front Garden

Because we weren't allowed to take photos inside the actual exhibit, Caryn got me this shadow box. I should have taken a picture of the instructions, it was basicall cut, fold, glue haha what more could you need! It looks aweosme though!

I wish I could have been more brazen and took photos but I'm not so I don't have any. Seeing them was really exciting though! I also took fairly similar photos with the holga of the outside of the gallery so once I finish that roll undoubtedly you will see them again. Though I think this time it will be black and white.

I also did a wee postcard, hope Tiffany and Danny like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment