Monday 14 May 2012

Holga 2; Edinburgh Zoo

I think I am getting the hang of this! Caryn was just here  so that meant that I get to go to the zoo! Which also meant great opportunity to take some more photos with my Holga and see if I can't figure it out some more! Unfortunately I had a slight disaster and the back fell off my camera and I think I lost most of my panda pictures. So now I keep a pony tail around the camera and that has seemed to keep it in place for now until I can find some gaffa tape. But I still got one great one and one pretty cool double exposure if not a little dark, I should probably invest in photoshop and then I could fix these things but thats a project for a later day I think.
So when I realised that the back was off I just finished up the roll so I could start a new one so there are quite a few pictures of the sunbears, I almost think that the back falling off made the pictures a bit brighter. Probably No but some came out awesome!

The Sun Bears just got fed so they were out and about getting their food!



  The black but in the centre is a Sun Bear I swear!


I was really impressed with the Panda exhibit, when they said that you would be going in with groups of 50 I really thought that it would be horrible to try to get a good photo or even a opportunity to see them but they did a great job!

Tian Tian

Yang Guang

The King penguins were awasy so there was no penguin parade, but the gentoos were nesting so watching them steal eachothers pebbles for nests was pretty funny, definately worth the trade off for the penguin parade.


And after all of that walking I felt about the same a the Sea Lion.


I really wanted to get this film developed so I ran on my lunch break taking photos along the way to finish off the roll and I got surprisingly good photos!





I have another film in the works, a black and white one this time! I am super excited to take more photos with this one, so far I took some at the National Gallery of Modern Art, we were there for the Edvard Munch exhibit of Lithographs but more on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment