Monday 25 June 2012

Bread and Butter

Dixon woke me up this morning at 7:30 am, on my day off no less, and istead of being able to get back to sleep I decided to make dough, ah the Rock 'n' Roll lifestyle! I hope that I kneaded the dough long enough, cause I don't have a mixer so it was hand kneading all the way but I let it rise for quite a while so tha seems to have worked cause it definately rose in the oven! But the proof is in the taste! And it tastes awesome!



This is the Recipe I used;
500g Wholemeal Flour
(I used 300g Whole Meal and 200g White)
25g Butter
1 1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Yeast
350 ml Warm Water
2 tsp Sugar for more flavour and thicker crust (optional)

1) In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar (if using) and salt, rub in the butter and then stir in the yeast.
(Instead of stiring in the dry yeast I added it to the warm water to wake it up while I was incorperating the other ingredents)
2) Stir in the water and mix into a soft dough by hand
3) Knead dough with a Mixer with paddle attachment for five minutes or hand knead for 10
4)Shape dough and place into a 2lb tin or baking tray and cover with a clean damp tea towel and let rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours
5) Uncover and bake for 30-35 mins
The baked loaf should sound hollow when tapped underneath!
6)Let Cool out of the tin

Now I wanna make some thing else!

No comments:

Post a Comment