Tuesday 14 August 2012

Rebellion Festival

For once I haven't been blogging because I have been doing nothing, now I have been so busy doing things that I haven't had the time to put together a cohesive post!
August is always a super busy time in Edinburgh more so when you are working during the largest international fringe festival in the world! On top of that every year Daniel and I like to go to Rebellion Festival down in Blackpool, and that is on exactly when the Fringe starts. Luckily I got it off again this year and we were off to see a fairly impressive line-up.
Thanks to Steven we had a lift down in his car, so no trains for us! Which is nice considering in a car its about a four hour long drive.
Blackpool is sort of a weird town where tourism really is its main source of income but people don't really go their for the sights it more for Stag party's and the like that make it down there and so the place really reflects that, with the centre being almost completely full of B&B's. But usually when I have been down before during the festival, the centre seems overrun with Punks! This year it seemed much quieter, which was a bit weird cause they had some of the biggest bands on it this year.
All that aside it was a really great time, and I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to but I suppose that is the price to pay for drinking too much and having far too much fun.









In the end I didn't see as many bands as I would have liked to but it was still an amazing time, I got to see Social Distortion, Star Fucking Hipsters, Rancid, the UK SUBS, just to name a few, though I only saw a a couple more haha.
After the madness was all over we decided to head over to Pleasure Beach the Roller Coaster Park for the day but I think I will talk about that a bit more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment