Tuesday 28 August 2012

Edinburgh Fringe

The last few years that I have been living in Edinburgh the Fringe Festival has kind of been something I just had to deal with and when you work in the center of town its sometimes becomes a nusance. I have wanted to take part but everytime you step out into it it feels over crowded and clostrophobic. I think I have found the solution!
Previously when I went out onto the Royal Mile it was becaue it was my lunch time and I had to get there get food and get back to work, impossible! This year I avoided that bit of the Fringe and Daniels sister Hayley and I actually took part, saw shows, ate at the street vendors, took flyers and had an all around good time!
We ended up seeing 5 shows we paid for and about 4 or 5 free shows, I would say all bar one of the paid shows was brilliant and all bar one of the free shows was shite. Not to say that all free shows are crap but the ones we kept stumbling into definately were.
The highlights of my Fringe were seeing Brendon Burns and Rhyse Darby, also the inside of the Tron Church, and getting to hang out more with Hayley. Can't wait for next year!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment