Friday 18 January 2013

Teenage Bottlerocket

So I was going to try to keep things more chronological, but I had too much fun at the Teenage Bottlerocket gig so I am going to talk about that instead!
 
I was able to get the afternoon off from work so that I could go to Glasgow for this, cause a lot of times bands just don't play Edinburgh, in the end at least they were playing Scotland! So after Dixon was done work we had to head really quickly down to the Haymarket station and get the train. Where we were just a wee bit too early for an off-peak return which cuts the ticket price in half, if only the gig started half an hour later!
 
Although at first I didn't want to take the train through cause it would mean missing some bands and having to pay for the cloakroom or keep your jacket on you, we actually had a really good time taking the train together. Dixon and I don't get to spend enough time with Darren.
 
The gig was pretty brilliant once we got there, we had missed the first band, but by all accounts from our pals who were there, we didn't miss much anyway. So that was excellent, we got our t shirts and stuff and were just on time for the start.
 

I can't remember if I mentioned before but our pal broke his ankle last week, all three bone snapped like spaghetti! So he had wanted to come out to the gig but was now unable, he didn't even get out of the hospital until the day of the gig and that was about a week after he broke it. So we got him a tshirt! Hopefully he likes it! It is a bit tongue-in-cheek as it says skate or die and that's how he broke his ankle! I am hoping he will appreciate the humour!
 

Teenage Bottlerocket were brilliant! We even met the singer later!
 
 
This new plan I seem to have of staying up after I make Dixon's sandwiches and stuff in the morning for his work, and then blogging really seems to help the amount of posts I do, hopefully I will stick with this early morning blogging trend!








No comments:

Post a Comment