Tuesday 15 January 2013

Happy Belated Birthday

So yesterday I went into town to meet Gail for some tea and scones and for the demonstration of my new sewing machine. I know I haven't mentioned it, mostly due to my lack of blogging, but for my Birthday Gail and Gordon got me a brand new sewing machine! I am super excited to be sewing again, I used to sew almost everything I wore even if it was just altering a guys t shirt to make it fit nicer or something. So it was pretty cool to get a proper demonstration so now I know that I am for sure threading the machine correctly and doing a button hole correctly.
 
 
I am hopefully going to get a pattern of some kind, I think a skirt and try to make one soon, it will be fun to see how I get on with something like that again. I am pretty comfortable altering tshirts and things but making a whole new item will be something I haven't tried to do in a very long time.
 
Also later on yesterday after my massive scone and latte (ooh fancy) I went about town to have a look for some painting supplies and such, and Beth called me to see if I wanted to go to a movie, but unfortunately our timing wasn't very good, but in the end we went to see a map makers exhibition at the National Library of Scotland as well as the Turner exhibit at the National Gallery of Scotland. Both were very cool, the map making exhibit, though short was very informative and interactive, so it was fun to be there. That Turner exhibit, though not my favourite part of the Gallery was very pretty and it was just nice to be in the Gallery again, you forget that there are things like that on your doorstep sometimes, so looking at all the amazing paintings in there was excellent. Plus both were free! You can't beat looking at amazing and interesting things for free!
 
 
Speaking of my Birthday I should also say that Daniel got me a new pair of boots and a record. As well as Hayley got me a new set of PJ's and socks! So all around it was a pretty excellent year! My new boots are awesome, they are by Vegetarian Shoes and they are so comfy. I am usually pretty prone to blisters and the like and I wore them all day and night on my birthday and only had the tiniest blister on one ankle, so excited! So now I want more pairs of them they do another boot called an engineers boot that I have been ogling for some time now.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment