Monday 22 April 2013

Wild West Edinburgh

Its been a pretty long week this week, a guy at my work was on holiday so I was working 8 days in a row which wasn't brilliant, so when the weekend came, I wanted to make the most of it. I have been snooping around the website for the Edinburgh Farmers Market for a wee while now, but I have been procrastinating, and thus have not ended up going. So I finally went and it was a beautiful day. One of the vendors I was really interested in looking into wasn't there but I got some great Isle of Arran Cheddar infused with herbs. Which I am hopefully going to make scones with. Hopefully, if Dixon doesn't eat all of it.


From the Farmers Market I went for a wee wander through Princes Gardens, St Cuthberts Curch and Graveyard, and around the back of the castle. The clear day made it a really lovely walk. So spring is really on its way for us, this time last year we were seeing the end of the daffodils and this year its just the beginning. 



Now I knew I was supposed to meet Mhairi at some point and it was only about 11:00 so knowing Mhairi I had plenty of time. So there is a back alley in Edinburgh that for some reason or another is mocked up to look like a wild west street. I had found out about it a bit ago and found where it was, I think the Cantina is the emergency exit for the Morningside Library.  Its a pretty cool bit of randomness tucked away in Edinburgh.










No comments:

Post a Comment