Saturday 12 July 2014

Sitting Ducks at the Portrait Gallery


Hold on for a ton of pictures, Gail and I went to the Scottish National Portrait Gallery, for John Byrne's new exhibition, Sitting Ducks. I have seen some of his work before in featured in What do Artists do all Day, the series and a bit in the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum in Galsgow that Hayley and I went to in the Spring. Anyway, I really liked his stuff and wanted to check out more of it. So it was a lovely day yto be in the Galleries, its a bit grey and muggy out, so I had a brilliant day out with Gail, with some tea and scones after a bit of shopping. So I am pretty tuckered out now, what with my wee cold, so enjoy.

 I haven't really been to the Portrait Gallery too much before and the main body of the building is gorgeous so be prepared as you scroll past a few of John Byrne's paintings to be drowned in a lot of those.
























I really tried to get a good photo/video of this next bit, but it is only ok, its Mary Queen of Scots and a skull, depending on where you view it from.

No comments:

Post a Comment