Monday 3 November 2014

The National Museum of Scotland


So I'm about a week behind with this but I have been pretty busy, working quite a lot and while Caryn and Jackson were here, I had no time to blog, cause we were doing all the things to blog about. Which was brilliant, I think I am still tired. 

So basically the first thing we did after they came in was get some waffles, and then head straight back to my house because they were tired. So the real first day we went to the National Museum of Scotland which I am always surprised at how much stuff is in there. Especially this time because I have never been on the -1st floor, where everything from Early life is kept, everything from Pictish Drawings to Viking Graves, Whale Skeleton Sculptures to Roman Lions and way more. No matter how many times I have gone there is always more to see and we are usually kicked out for closing time before you can see it all.










Because I had never been to that floor, it really did dominate the photos I had taken but the other floors shouldn't be left out and I wish we had more time to look through them as well because they are excellent, from natural history to religious sculptures, Greek dishes and Venetian masks, and the coffin of Mary Queen of Scots as well. It was an excellent start to our week together. 










Hopefully I will have more from their trip over soon and the different things we had seen and done together, but for now another picture of the Scott's Monument to tide you over.


No comments:

Post a Comment