Friday 3 July 2015

Out and About



Some wee bits and bobs from the past couple weeks, and I have been trying to get out and do things even with my busy work schedule so I was really happy when Beth invited me out to lunch. the Edinburgh Farmers Market was celebrating 15 years and chefs from round the capital were showcasing lunch menus for £3, there were loads of different bar-be-que's and slow cooked roasted pork, so I was delighted to find the Gardener's Cottage (I believe, I should have taken a moment to take a picture of their stall) but the herbed potato salad and as much side salad as you pleased, with the elderflower cordial were lovely, just what you would want on a hot day. Lunch was then finished off rather indulgently with a Creme Brulee from The Crema Caravan, burnt while you order, with salted caramel and brownies to top it off. So hopefully the Farmers Market has another birthday bash, because that lunch was amazing.


And secondly for a lovely lady at my works leaving do we went to the Edinburgh Zoo Nights event, So there was animals drinking and dinosaurs, what more would you want. I have been waiting a wee bit to post this until their facebook posted a couple photos that I knew we were in, but they haven't appeared and knowing how I blog, that wouldn't be posted for years to come if I didn't pop those up just now. So I technically count this as visit number 3, but I wish I would have brought a better camera.











No comments:

Post a Comment