Monday 20 May 2013

New Flat

So I posted a while ago saying that we were looking at a new flat, and if I stopped talking about it, it would probably mean that we didn't get it. Well I stopped talking about it but we did actually get it. So that is extremely exciting. We got the keys on Friday, so over the weekend we were doing a lot of cleaning and on Sunday Gail and I removed the wallpaper from the master bedroom, while Gordon and Daniel cleared out a lot of the overgrown ivy on the wall in the garden. Which was a mammoth undertaking, it was huge and well grown into the wall, we are hoping that once we get it cleared out some more we will only have to do minor repairs on the wall. So as nice as ivy growing on a wall looks, you have to keep it in check as the mortar has just turned into dust. 

I've realized I should be taking some before and after photos as we do up the rooms now! So its a bit late for the master as we have stripped the two layers of wallpaper off, but I'll head down this week and see if I can snap a quick photo. We are going to be moving into the spare room there next week as long as we get the water tank sorted this week. It is unfortunately broken, but because they wouldn't let Dixon's dad up into the attic to check to see if it was ok, due to health and safety, we will have to see if we can get some compensation for that, as it should be in working order.

So a lot to do for then next long while. I will be cheerfully looking at paint and wallpaper this week and hopefully getting some in the bedroom so we can move in as quick as possible.

I also did a wee bit of painting as Baby Dykstra is due in the next couple weeks so I should really be finished but hopefully I will find some time soon.


And some more photos of Edinburgh, because even though it wasn't beautiful out every day some days were gorgeous.







No comments:

Post a Comment