Monday 27 May 2013

Working On The Hoose

So this week and mostly this weekend was spent doing up the flat. It has been a lot of work so far just getting it back to a base, and we aren't quite there yet but the end is in sight. So that is good, starting tomorrow we are having the plumbers and the electricians in, the former to get some central heating installed, and the latter for a new fuse board and new wiring throughout, which is good, just a lot more work than we wanted to have to do straight off. But at least this way if we get it all sorted now we won't be tearing up walls later once it is decorated. So in a way its a plus.

On Thursday I had a day off to myself and I went down to strip the wallpaper off of the living room and man was it tough, It was that textured wallpaper and it was painted with an ultra thick coat of paint, so I got started by soaking the wall and getting the steamer started. And once I got under the paper it was going quite well until I stumbled upon a live wire. I must have been extremely lucky that day cause I didn't hit it even though I passed my metal scraper right over it. So luckily no shocks and the electricians tested and covered it up for us so it was safe. It wasn't til later that the giant live with the arrow made sense.


So then on the weekend we moved almost all of our stuff over to the flat, now we thought we had a lot of stuff, but as it turns out if you do not own any furniture you do not have a lot of stuff. So it went pretty quick, plus Darren and Mhairi came over and helped us out with removing a lot of the rubbish and the massive vine that was on the wall. Me and Mhairi finished off the living rooms wallpaper, and started on the hall. 
And yesterday I went over after work and they had taken up all the carpet in the hall. Dixon and Gordon had done the other rooms before that, and I really like the floorboards in the living room, I am wondering if I can get Dixon to just sand and varnish them, I think it would look lovely.
The laminate in the hall is not budging so we will have to see what we can do about that, probably cover it but that will be ok. Dixon and his dad also moved the living room door so the next photos are where the door is going to go and where the door was.





This will be the master bedroom, once we pick out all the wallpaper and everything for it, but currently it is housing all of our stuff. And we thought we had a lot.







The garden has been a lot of work, but it is definitely coming along and when it was all sunny and gorgeous out on Saturday, it was excellent to just sit out in the sun, so I can't wait until it is finished and looking amazing.





And this is my new wardrobe I got free! Thank you internets!


No comments:

Post a Comment