Monday 17 June 2013

Before And After

So even though that sounds like this is the post where I reveal the finished project and our house is complete, it isn't but we have made some really good progress over the weekend, and with Daniel and Gordon off this week we should be almost there in no time. I am off Tuesday to Friday, so that helps too. So when we talked last I was grumpy about the mess of the floors the contractors did, well, Dixon has put down a subfloor and got rid of all of the squeaks and creaks, which means once we get the carpet we are prepared to put it down! Yay!




He has also started on the doors and made quite a bit of progress on the skirting(baseboards) and facings around the door. So its all coming together I am excited to see what they have all done today, as I am at work today.
When I get home I will get the exciting job of cleaning the kitchen or perhaps staining the skirting, I would prefer the staining, but either way I think I will get the job of cleaning the kitchen.

Dixon even trusted me to use his new sander! It was a total workout for your arms! I thought it would be a breeze, but it was definitely easier than manual sanding.


All of the old nails from the skirting needed to come out so that was another job for me, most of my jobs involve shooing me off somewhere out of the way where I won't damage anything and Dixon and Gordon can get on with their work, case in point, the next few photos, but I am pretty proud of my sheds and how they have come up. I thought they were rubbish old ones, but a lick of paint and they look brand new! So I cna't complain, I got to be outside and I did something that needed to be done. I didn't think the paint would make much difference to the backyard gate, cause I thought it was horrible, but it looks so much better now. Its a shame I didn't take a before picture but I did in an earlier post.







I must have proved myself with the sander because I got to use the saw to cut down some of the conifer that was leaning on the shed so I could paint the side. I did have to assure the I had throughout my youth built many a tree fort and have indeed used a saw and other such construction implements in my time before I was allowed to use said saw. But it was nice he was concerned and only slightly reluctantly handed it over with bits and bobs of general safety advice.

The conifer in question is pretty dead, so I might have to do some more demoliting! Whooo!







No comments:

Post a Comment