Thursday 30 January 2014

Burns Night

It was Burns Night on Saturday the 25th and I really wanted to get into the spirit of the thing A. because Dixon and I usually go round to Gail and Gordon's often but haven't lately, so it was really nice to have them and Hayley round to ours, and B. I really like Veggie Haggis. So after seeing Haggis and Burns Night things everywhere I convinced Dixon we should have the meal at ours. I made Veggie Haggis Stuffed Peppers and and Honey Glazed Sweet Potatoes and Parsnips, for Gail, Gordon, Hayley and I, and Dixon had real Haggis Pizza, which Gail and Gordon had a sampling of too! And for dessert, Cranachan! A traditional Scottish dessert made from double cream, toasted oats, raspberries, honey and whiskey. It was awesome!

Gail also read a part of one of Dixon's Nana's favorite poems by Robert Burns, To a Mouse,

Wee, sleekit, cowrin, tim'rous beastie,
O, what a panic's in thy breastie!
Thou ne na start awa sae hasty not,
Wi' bickering brattle!
I wad be laith to rin an' chase thee,
Wi' murdering pattle!






And today Hayley and I are going to the Sharmanka exhibit, it is going to be brilliant. So Hopefully some really cool photos of that later!




No comments:

Post a Comment