Sunday 12 January 2014

All The Galleries

So this may be a fairly picture heavy post, but to be honest, thats mostly what I read blogs for so here ya go, a wee treat. And so did we that day, there were a few exhibits around the city that we both wanted to see and it turned out to be a beautiful day to do it. 
I had never been to Modern One, and neither had Hayley, so it was really cool to see the layout of the garden and the sculptural landscaping. I couldn't get a good picture of the "Everything is going to be alright" but I will hopefully have a chance to try again. Soon.




It was an exhibition on Louise Bourgeois, including elements of sculpture, drawing and painting. Proper modern art, and even the parts I didn't fully get the parts that I liked really made it totally worthwhile. I would definitely recommend it, and I am hopefully checking out the companion exhibit at the Fruitmarket later in the week.



The National Galleries were having their RSA exhibit as well as a display of Rodin's The Kiss, which we made the special trip for, and it was amazing in real life. And very cool to get a picture with.


And one last Exhibition, at the National Museum of Scotland, the Kabuki exhibit I have mentioned earlier, I got a really good look at and it is still so cool how woodblocks work, I really want to teach myself how to do this amazing type of art.
Hayley's showing off the famous Cross Eyed pose, its meant to show when a character is angry or agitated. I think she pulled it off very well.


I don't know why this is turned the wrong way, but just now I can't be bothered to fix it, but Hayley made an awesome lunch and it deserves a mention, roasted Veg and Spinch Salad with Pesto Dessing, and Veggie Jelly with Fresh Carrot and Orange Juice. Delicious! 


And one last thing I am trying out, 100 Days Happy, so you record a moment each day that makes you happy and here is my first week. Its been a good week.




1. New Scarf and Mittens all cosy for winter
2. Bamming up Marshy on Facetime
3. Starting walking again, with a rainbow
4. Video games with Dixon
5. Galleries with Hayley
6. Surprise Pizza
7. Night in to myself with Sushi, Crabbies, and Countdown, 8 out of 10 Cats style
 So that has been fun so far and I'm looking forward to more of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment