Saturday 18 January 2014

Louise Bourgeois, Again

I got to go to the second Louise Bourgeois exhibition this month on my lunch break this week, which was at The Fruitmarket Gallery. It was over 200 sketches and writings from when she had insomnia that were saved from the bin by her assistant, that she made in the winter of 1994, I believe. And having seen her finished works at Modern One of the National Galleries, it was really cool to see the themes and repetitions in her work at the starting levels. Some of my favorite images were of the flowers and when there was water as well. I was surprised to find the large works upstairs in the gallery as well, I hadn't ever been upstairs in the Fruitmarket. And they really had a lot of emotion in them, well worth having gone up to check them out. Each piece was connected through the words she wrote on them, and now thinking of it I wihs I took not of all of the pictures words. But in the large one below it says,

"When terror pounces
Grips me
I create an image"

 So all in all a brilliant way to spend my lunchtime, and it was really cool to find out more about an artist who up until a few weeks ago I hadn't heard of.








No comments:

Post a Comment