Friday 1 March 2013

Falafel

In the last post I was talking about how we have been making new things, and it continued. Which for me I think is a bit of a shock, as usually by the next blogpost, I have stopped what I was doing not even a couple days later. So I am proud of myself, I said I would do something and I have. I should be making some more stuff through the week, soup and cookies mostly, we will see if I get on to anything else.
So yesterday, I made falafel, from scratch! It turns out it is pretty easy, though it would be much easier with a food processor. I had soaked the dried chickpeas the night before so they were ready and Dixon boiled them for the hour required while I was on the bus home. So all they needed was combining the remaining ingredients and deep frying. It took some serious muscle to mash, but we threw them in our smoothy blender and though it didn't appear to work it definitely did. you wouldn't think a chickpea would pack too much moisture but it did come out as a thick paste as described! So success! They are much better than the ones you would find premade, though maybe about as good as the dried packs you buy, but I think that was down to seasoning, I could have used some more spices! Other than that delicious!



I would have taken more photos, but I was really hungry! And it smelled amazing.
This is where I found the recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment