Wednesday 13 March 2013

Edinburgh In Instagram

This week has been very interesting weather-wise, to say the least. We have had sunshine, snow, hail, sleet, all in one day, but the mornings, the mornings have been gorgeous. So I have been taking loads of pictures as I am on my way to work. So that has been a lot of fun, I have filled up a roll on my Halina camera, but I do not have the money just now to get it developed, so we will just have to wait on that one.
We are looking at moving house, which is pretty exciting. We only looked at the house yesterday, but it looks pretty excellent. It does need quite a bit of work but it will definitely be worth it to have our own flat with a private garden and everything. I don't want to get too excited, so I probably shouldn't even be blogging about it, but I will know soon enough whether or not we get it. So if I post later on this month saying, yay! Then I probably have got it, if I don't mention it ever again, it is pretty safe to assume we are staying put!

Anyway, here are some photos of our changeable weather, 






I have walked past St Giles Cathedral a fair amount of times and, I don't know that I have ever noticed this massive plaque with a skull on it. How do you keep missing it? 


Its also been an excellent cooking week, well technically cooking day, yesterday I made, Homemade Lemonade, Cornbread Muffins, and Chilli. It was quite an evening! The Chilli came out super hot, I think it is because I have never really used fresh chillis before, and so I didn't really know how many to use. I even deseeded it! But in the end I added another can of beans and it seemed to calm it down loads, so we are going to have that for dinner tonight with rice and the Cornbread Muffins.


Again I found the recipe for the chilli at The Minimalist Baker, the Cornbread on the BBC Good Food Website. But I can't remember where I found the Lemonade recipe from, though its pretty easy, you just make a simple syrup with equal parts sugar and water (or 2/3 or the sugar if you want it less sweet) and warm in a sauce pan til melted, then squeeze 4-6 lemons until you have about a cup of lemon juice mix with simple syrup. Then add 3-4 cups of water and chill for 30-40 minutes. Easy-peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment