Friday 14 February 2014

All Things Van Gogh

I recently started cross stitching again, and I thought I was doing pretty well so I wanted to challenge myself with something bigger and what better than to fuel my ever growing  love of Van Gogh than to do a cross stitch of one of his paintings. Now when I looked into it, I didn't think it would be as complex, but I am having a brilliant time working it all out and here's the progress over the past week and a wee bit.






You can totally start to see it come together, bu that is just on panel out of four, my plan is to do it a panel at a time, and move forward that way so I don't get too ahead of myself!

Also while we are on the Vincent Van Gogh topic, I stumbled upon a kickstarter for an entirely handpainted animated movie of the story of Vincient Van Gogh as told through his paintings, unfortunately the kickstarter wasn't funded but the good news is they are going to relaunch it! Its well worth checking out what they are doing!
You can find their Facebook here and hopefully a link will pop up for the kickstarter too!


And finally, I got a few surprises in the mail, one from Amber, she had been to Harry Potter; The Exhibition, in Edmonton and passed on some goodies to me! And a Parcel from my mom full of sweets and a Tim Hortons mug, now I will just need to get my hands on some Time Hortons Coffee!






No comments:

Post a Comment