Thursday 27 February 2014

Pentax K1000

So I mentioned the other day in one of my 100 Days Happy posts, that I bought a new camera while out at the flea market. Well it turned out that there was already a roll of film in the camera, and a couple pictures had been taken. So not knowing what kind of film was in the camera, and just with a hope that all the settings were correct, I set out to fill up the film and see how the camera was. And now I got them back, and unfortunately they seem a little under exposed, for the most part as most of the photos are a little grey, but it was a good lesson on making sure your settings are correct, because in this case some things were a little off. But all in all I got some photos I really like and the couple that were on the roll already look really cool, and I wonder where they are from. But first here are some of my shots.

Firstly Daniel and I went around Lauriston Castle, and the next day it was nice out so I took a meandering walk through the Dean War Memorial Graveyard, the Modern Art Gallery Grounds and up past the Castle on my way to Trumps, the photography store.

The ones from Lauriston Castle are not quite as crisp but I still like them anyway.

The scans aren't of the best quality, but they are pretty good, the pictures are better, one day I will work out how to use my scanner better.




And here's where they start to get a bit better, 






And these are the found photos on my camera, she said she never took very good photos, but I think these are brilliant. Hopefully I will remember to try to return her pictures if I make it to the next flea market.


I am off to Roslin tomorrow, so hopefully I get some good pictures again.


No comments:

Post a Comment