Tuesday 22 October 2013

Photography, Comedy and Walking

Its been another pretty busy week, which is exciting because I haven't just been working, I have been out doing stuff. So its going to be a long one again, luckily it is mostly pictures and not loads of me talking. 

So yes doing stuff! A lot of that has to do with Hayley, she has been inviting me out for a lot of things. So its been a lot of fun. First things first Hayley and I went to the Stand again, and it was really good, even though there was no seats left, so it was just standing room. We got to see some really great comedians and were surprised because John Bishop from telly turned up and did a wee set! We were a bit disappointing with Brendon Burns, pretty well all of his material I had heard before so it wasn't very exciting. He was still funny but still dissapointing.


We came home pretty early after that, Dixon had a gig but Hayley and I just missed out seeing them play. But since Darren and Mhairi were in town from Troon, we went for a walk with them and their daughter Brody and Jura their dog (she's a Norwegian Elkhound, not a husky as many people tried to point out, much to the dismay of Darren and Mhairi.). Dixon needed convincing since his hangover wanted him to stay home, but walking down Cramond way is always lovely and hopefully that will have made him feel a bit better. 








More exciting things? I know I have been up to a lot! The Stills Gallery I mentioned in a previous post had another great workshop on. Technically it was for the Luminate festival which celebrate creativity while aging and has exhibits and events for all ages. Which was lucky for me because I was really excited about this one. They showed you how to develop and enlarge a negative that you have in black and white. The course was for up to three people, and it turned out that today I was all by myself which meant that I got to learn loads. The instructor showed me not only how to develop a print but also a roll of film and a tour of the rest of the facility. I am hopefully going to be doing a lot more of that!

The first photos are the final prints and the graduated ones are the tests for how long they should be exposed.





And the day out today ended with a rainbow!



No comments:

Post a Comment